Fresh pancit- 1/4kilo
Mix vegetables (carrots, cabbage, green bell pepper, and chayote) - ¼ kilo
Onions- ½ pc.
Cooking Oil- 3 tablespoon
Soy sauce- 5 tablespoon
Brown sugar- 1 tablespoon
Black pepper- ½ tablespoon
1. Wash fresh pancit with hot water to minimize the salty taste.
2. Dip mushroom with water to tenderize, after 1 minute chop and return the chopped mushroom into the water.
3. There are available mixed vegetables at grocery stores and it is chopped. Wash the vegetables.
4. Peel and mince garlic and onions.
5. Heat the pan with cooking oil and then sauté minced garlic and onions.
6. Add chopped mushroom and then mix and after 1 minute,
7. Add mixed vegetables mix again, and then add soy sauce.
8. Add 3 cups of water let it boil until mushroom and vegetables smells fragrant and becomes tender.
9. Add brown sugar to taste sweet, and then add the fresh pancit, mix well.
10. If you think it needs to add more water, then do it but add slowly, to make sure that fresh pancit will tenderize.
11. Turn heat over low volume, then taste the food and continue to mix.
12. Chop lemon then squeeze the juice into the food and the mix well. Set aside the ½ piece of lemon to put on the top.
13. Lastly, add black pepper to taste hotness and smell freshness. Turn off heat then take the food out from pan to avoid over cooked. Transfer and put in a big plate. Put the remaining lemon. You can serve immediately.
This recipe is critical when it comes to taste because, fresh pancit contains salt already.
So be aware to put more salt or any condiments to prevent saltiness of this recipe.
Lemon juice is sour so it is important to limit the sour taste; it is not good for the health because of the acids contains.
Fresh pancit is half cooked, when cooking control the heat to maintain the freshness of the food.
This recipe is quite healthy because there is no meat ingredient, instead of using mushroom as substitution of the meat.
Mushroom is available in all grocery stores, without mushroom your recipe is not working well. The taste is not good.