Pasta is good to prepare during special occasions. Others claim that pasta symbolize long life that is why it is popular when celebrating birthdays.
Here’s how to cook pasta;
1. Use a very large pan of water.
2. For 500grams of pasta will need 4liters of water.
3. Add salt and oil into the water to prevent pasta not to stick.
4. Water must be boil during you add pasta and put the pasta gradually so that the water will continue to boil.
5. Stir pasta occasionally with the use of long-handled fork to prevent pasta not to stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Long pasta such as spaghetti should be calm to put into the water rather than to break it. Hold one end and put the other end in the boiling water.
7. To make the pasta soften, gently lower it into water until it is all immersed.
8. Water must boil rapidly while pasta is cooking.
9. Do not cover the pan.
10. Use the fork to test the pasta if it is cooked, get one piece of pasta. It is should be firm but tender.
11. Dried pasta usually takes 8-12minutes.
12. Drain pasta into a colander or big strainer.
Keep making delicious food. God bless you.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
11:19 PM MJM