Short introduction to this delicious Filipino food recipe:
In Cebuano language, this is called "puspas" or it can be called informally as "lugaw with manok". It is actually a very healthy recipe because it is complete in vitamins and minerals. Rice is rich in carbohydrates and the presence of chicken makes it rich in protein. Asparagus is rich in potassium, vitamin C and vitamin C.
1. In your kettle put the rice and add more water.
2. Rice must be tender.
3. In preparing the chicken meat, put some salt and take off the skin of the meat and put magic sarap.
4. In your kettle Chicken must be boiling for about 10minutes then set aside. When it is cold, the Chicken meat must be cut it into small take off the skeleton.
5. When the rice is tender add the chicken meat the small pieces.
6. Add the asparagus.
This is how the asparagus looks like (in case those that are familiar, it is nice to have a picture):
7. After 4minutes you have to put salt and magic sarap to add some taste of your puspas or lugaw. Then set aside.
Update (September 7, 2011):
Below are some tips to make this recipe taste more delicious:
1.) Use a fresh, well cleaned rice. If possible, please use a more expensive rice quality because it has bigger grains and cleaner.
2.) Use a fresh chicken as it is a strong factor in the final taste. Use fresh chicken supplied by reputable meat shops like Monterey. The best part of the chicken are the low fat sections such as the drum stick(chicken legs) and wings.
It is actually a very simple, healthy and delicious recipe. Thank you.